Speak at Django Birthday
The theme of Django Birthday is a celebration of the Django community. Do you have a story about what Django or its community has meant to you? Come to Lawrence and tell us!
Yes, that's pretty wide open — we want interesting, different content, things we might not otherwise see. If you've got a weird idea: great! The more off-the-wall, the better. This isn't a technical conference (though technical material is certainly welcome); It's a community event, and a celebration.
We do have a few guidelines to follow:
- You can pick any format you'd like: formal talk (with or without) slides, a panel, video -- whatever you're most comfortable with.
- Choose a length between 10 and 30 minutes, whatever feels right for your talk and content.
- You can propose multiple talks, but each speaker will only speak once. So if you propose multiple talks, let us know which is your "first choice".
- You're welcome to talk about a company, or a product, or an organization -- but only if it's relevant to the theme. Expect slightly closer scrutiny if you propose this kind of talk: we'll want to talk to you and make sure it's not a sales pitch.
- All speakers much read and follow our Code of Conduct at all times, including (and especially) while on stage.
- Please let us know if any content or trigger warnings should accompany your talk.
We're here to help!
We want you to be successful, and we'll do whatever it takes to make your talk awesome. Please feel free to submit a proposal that's only half- (or eighth-) baked; we can help you finish baking it. We'll provide whatever help you need.
Proposals are due by the end of May. As long as it's May somewhere in the world, you can still submit a talk.
We'll notify accepted speakers on a rolling basis, so apply early for the best chance. We'll let everyone know, one way or another, before June 1st.
- Speakers will receive a free ticket to the event (and if you've already bought one, we'll reimburse you).
- If you can't afford the travel costs, let us know when you propose your talk, and we'll work with you to ensure you can afford to attend.
- If your employer covers your travel costs, we'll give them a sponsorship slot for free.